External USB C 3.1 PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD Enclosure
External USB C 3.1 PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD Enclosure compatible with Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1 Gen1 and USB 3.0
- SuperSpeed - This NVMe M.2 SSD enclosure is compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 2, USB A 3.1(SuperSpeed+) and Thunderbolt 3 port. It offers read and write transmission speed rate up to 900Mb/s. Alternatively, it also backward compatible with USB 3.1 Gen1 and USB 3.0 port at respective speed limits. Its actual performance depends on the type of systems used, workload at the time, and the type of NVMe SSD media used.
- Compatibility- This product is only compatible with PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD. SSD drive size wise, it is designed to use with 30mm (2230) / 42mm (2242) / 60mm (2260) / 80mm (2280) PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD drives. It complies with UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) & TRIM protocol which can effectively extending the lifespan of the SSD, boosting the writing speed of the SSD and also reducing CPU utilization. It works on Windows, Mac and other operating systems. Kindly do note that this product does support M.2 SATA based SSD (NGFF).
- Attention - As PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD would generate a lot of heat when it is continuously in operation. To encounter this problem, this SSD enclosure is made of aluminum alloy, which has a rather good heat dissipation function. However, the surface temperature of the SSD Enclosure will still be pretty warm to the touch. It has been tested and proven to be within the normal safe working range temperature for an SSD Enclosure. Please refrain from handling it with bare hand while it is working and/or has been in use continuously for some time.
- Attention #2 – After you’ve gotten a new PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD attached to the enclosure properly for the first time, please back up the data (should this is an old SSD which still containing some of your previously saved important date) and have it formatted. As the SSD needs to be formatted to the suitable file system (i.e. NTFS, HFS+, Ext3, Ext4 & etc.) so that it would be mounted as a functional storage media on your system.
- Note – This product would not be recognized by Samsung Clone Software while it is connected. Alternatively, other cloning software, such as Easeus Todo Backup Acronis cloning software would work just fine.
- Design- It’s a sleek and pocketable designed with the size of Length at 106mm / Width at 29mm / Height at 11 mm, you could just throw it into your bag and get going. It feels smooth to the touch and looks fairly cool in the aluminum alloy casing. With the aluminum alloy construction, it is lightweight, compact, durable and most importantly, it offers good heat dissipations (compared to plastic material, which offers much lesser heat dissipation capabilities in general).
- Inclusion – This product also comes with a USB-C to USB-A cable and a USB-C to USB-C cable.
Should you have any question about this item, please feel free to send us an e-mail via our Contact Us form or via the chat box on the bottom right of the website. We shall reply to you within the next 24 hours.
A small NOTE to all our valued Trebleet customers:
Please refer to the list of recommended SSD in the product images section for SSD & OS compatibility.
*All our SSD enclosure(s) are tested with SSD(s) up to 4TB and shown no compatibility problem(s).
*Kindly note that we're yet to have tested 8TB SSD drives on our SSD Enclosure here. Therefore we are not able to tell if installing with an 8TB SSD would have any incompatibility problem(s).